During the pandemic, the federal government allowed all students to receive free meals.  That waiver has ended and families must now fill out the Free and Reduced Meal Application in order to qualify for free or reduced breakfasts and lunches for the upcoming school year.  This is very important and we encourage all families to complete the application to see if they qualify.

Your child’s lunch account is online!

Parents are able to access the website MySchoolBucks to monitor your child’s lunch account.  By signing up for a free account, parents will be able to:

  • Put money on food account by credit card, debit card or e-check

  • View purchase activity

  • Sign-up for low balance alerts

  • Set up recurring payments

Please remember use of MySchoolBucks is voluntary; you always have the option of paying cash for breakfasts and lunches, including the ability to place additional cash and/or checks on account for future use. However, parents have found this user-friendly website to be useful in managing student lunch accounts and appreciate the convenient and secure online payment system.

All you need to sign up for your free account at is your child’s food account number and name. We encourage parents to prepay for student meal purchases by the week or month as there is a small transaction fee of $2.75 for each electronic transaction.

Free and Reduced Meal Applications:

Parents: did you know you can apply for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year? Applying is fast, easy and confidential. If circumstances have changed, we’re here to help. Sign up for reduced or free breakfasts and lunches by downloading, completing and mailing the Free/Reduced Meal Application found here to:  Barrington Public Schools, 283 County Rd, Barrington, RI 02806

IMPORTANT REMINDER:  eligible families must apply for free and reduced meals each year.  Your child’s eligibility status from the previous year will continue into the new school year for up to 30 school days so please submit your completed form today!

Please contact your school principal with any questions.