BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND SNACKS (Chartwells 245-7359)
For families new to the food service this year, and as a reminder for those returning, here are a few guidelines on how the food program operates.
$.55 – Milk
$1.00 – Grab and Go Breakfast. Offered in the morning when students come in.
$2.85 Secondary schools, $2.60 Elementary Schools – the “meal” price includes the main entrée, one 8 oz milk, and a daily fruit and vegetable selection.
The USDA regulations mandate that a “meal” includes a Fruit or Vegetable. If your child chooses not to take one of these options we must charge the ala carte price of a student lunch for the entrée plus the $.55 for their milk.
Please encourage your children to take a fruit or vegetable with their meal.
#2-Placing Money on Your Child’s School Lunch Account There are two ways:
Go to https://myschoolbucks.com and register for a free account.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide; click on the link included in the email message to activate your account.
- Activate your account and begin adding your students. You will need the school name and your student’s ID #. This will allow you to track your child’s purchases and manage his/her balance through their account.
- Add funds to your student’s account with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover card, debit card, or electronic check. Please note that there is $1.95 flat transaction fee per transaction. Money deposited into lunch account can take up to 24 hours to post. OR
Your child can bring cash or check to the cafeteria. These funds will be applied to his/her account. Notes will be sent home when your child owes for a milk or lunch.
The following steps are imperative to ensure money does not get lost. Check or Cash payment must be put into an envelope or zip lock bag and must be clearly labeled with the following information:
- Child’s first and last name
- Dollar amount enclosed
- Checks made out to the Barrington School Lunch Program
#3- Free & Reduced Meals
Free & Reduced meal applications may be submitted at any time during the school year. If your child was approved for free or reduced meals last school year and you need assistance again this year please complete a new application (in full) and submit it to your child’s school by 10/1/16.
Students who do not reapply by 10/1/16 will be required to pay the full lunch meal price of $2.60 elementary.
Applications for free or reduced milk/lunch programs are available in the office or on the district website http://www3.barringtonschools.org
Parents are encouraged to send in a nutritious snack for mid-morning recess time. Please do not send any glass or pull off metal top containers or carbonated beverages with your child.
All classrooms at Nayatt are “nut-free” zones based on student food allergy needs. Peanut butter/nut-based food items will not be sold in the school cafeteria (RIGL 16-21-30). There is also a nut-free table in the multipurpose room at lunchtime.